Shawn Zhong is first-year PhD student at UW-Madison interested in Machine Learning Systems. He developed an online simulator that supports the entire MIPS32 instruction set, and an online visualizer for xv6 file system image. He used to work at a conversation-based data analytics startup where he developed the recommendation engine for the next command, implemented PDF generation for conversation sessions, and introduced packages that greatly improved the front-end development speed.
At school, Shawn is a peer mentor for OS, note-taker for various math class, and an ACM-ICPC team staff. He was nominated at the departmental ceremony for writing tutorials related to the OS class and actively answering questions in the class forum. He attended ACM-ICPC for three years and achieved #9 out of 209 in 2018 regional.
Most Experienced Programming Language
React, Angular and Chrome Plugin
(For iOS and Android)
Borah High School
No.1 High School Affiliated to Tongji University
- Honor student for Sophomore year and Junior year
- Self-studied 6 AP courses and got 5 on all of them.
- 登峰杯 Mathematical Modeling Contest First prize
- 西部杯 Computer Competition FINAL Second prize
- 控江杯 Computer Programming Contest Thrid prize
- TI杯 Mathematics Contest Third prize
University of Wisconsin–Madison
ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest
#4 out of 21 teams in the region
#22 out of 208 teams total (Team: Rocky)
- Microsoft College Code Competition
- ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest